Attorney Christopher A. Layman
Christopher A. Layman is the founding member of Layman Law Firm where he practices litigation of plaintiff personal injury matters. Mr. Layman was born in Harrisonburg, Virginia where his family had resided since the late 1700’s. His family moved to Orlando, Florida in January of 1971. Mr. Layman grew up in the Orlando, Florida area and he graduated from Winter Park High School in 1986. Thereafter, Mr. Layman received his Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree in Speech Communications from the University of Central Florida in 1990. For the next four (4) years Mr. Layman worked with his father in the insurance industry in Orlando, Florida. Mr. Layman attended The University of Arkansas at Little Rock, School of Law and earned his Juris Doctorate (J.D.) in 1997.
While in law school, Mr. Layman had the unique opportunity to serve as a law clerk in a variety of different positions. He clerked for two (2) prominent Little Rock insurance defense firms, a plaintiff’s personal injury firm, a United States Magistrate Judge, the Pulaski County Public Defender’s Office and the Arkansas Attorney General’s Office. Mr. Layman was a semi-finalist in his school’s moot court competition and was active in several clinical courses while in law school including a legal clinic where Mr. Layman defended indigent juveniles accused of crimes under the supervision of a licensed attorney.
After graduation from law school in 1997, Mr. Layman accepted a job at a large insurance defense firm in the Fort Lauderdale, Florida area. Mr. Layman worked as an associate attorney in this law firm working in the firm’s liability division. Mr. Layman primarily handled cases in Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade Counties. Mr. Layman relocated to Brevard County, Florida in the Spring of 1999 after being recruited to the area to handle defense of insurance companies in personal injury protection (PIP) suits. Mr. Layman defended insurance companies and its insureds until 2001 at which time, Mr. Layman changed his practice focus to handling plaintiff’s personal injury cases, exclusively. Mr. Layman founded Layman Law Firm in 2003. Mr. Layman and his firm only represent individuals who have been injured or killed as a result of someone else’s negligence. The firm does not represent businesses or insurance companies. Mr. Layman was awarded the AV rating by the Martindale Hubbell Lawyers Directory, for very high professional competence and very high standards of ethical practice.
- Managing Member, LAYMAN LAW FIRM
Past Employment Positions:
- Major Nationally Recognized Civil Firm – Insurance Defense, Associate – Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Major Nationally Recognized Civil Firm – Insurance Defense, Associate – Melbourne, Florida
- Civil Law Firm, Plaintiff Personal Injury, Partner – Melbourne, Florida
Areas of Practice:
Plaintiff’s Wrongful Death, Plaintiff’s Personal Injury, Plaintiff’s Motor Vehicle Accidents, Plaintiff’s Premises Liability, Plaintiff’s Slip and Fall, Plaintiff’s Trip and Fall, Insurance Law, Dog Bite/Dog Damage Cases, All Injury Cases
- Florida Bar
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock, School of Law, Little Rock, Arkansas
- Degree: Juris Doctorate (J.D.) 1997
- Honors: Moot Court semi-finalist
- Book Award: Property I
- Book Award: Law and Medicine Seminar
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida
- Major: Speech Communications
- Degree: Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) 1990
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Brevard County Bar Association
- Florida Association for Justice
Mr. Layman was awarded the AV rating by the Martindale Hubbell Lawyers Directory, for very high professional competence and very high standards of ethical practice.
- United States Army Reserves 174th
- Legal Support Organization (LSO)
- Captain – September 26, 2002 – September 6, 2011
- Judge Advocate